Decatur Holiday Marketplace 2014
Friday, December 5th (5:30-9:30pm)
Saturday, December 6th (10-8pm)
Artist applications for the 2014 show are now being accepted.
We will be accepting applications until September 30th, 2014. All applications must be postmarked, or submitted online by that date. No late entries will be accepted.
If you are an artist interested in our show, please read ALL the information below. This is the information you need to know about the show and the application process.
All artwork or items sold at Decatur Holiday Marketplace (DHM) must be the original handmade work of the artist. This is a juried show with a limited number of booths. Resale and/or fundraising products whether for profit or charity are not accepted.
Applications will be accepted July 15-Sep 30, 2014. You may apply online (via PayPal for payment) or you may send your application via U.S. mail. Additional information on application process is below. We will send out notifications of acceptance by October 15, 2014. We will not consider your application if it is not complete or it is received after the deadline.
Application Fee $25 (non-refundable)
Booth Fee $135
Table Rental $15 per table (2 table limit)
All fees are tax deductible as they are paid to Clairemont Elementary PTA
If you are not accepted and you did not apply online, your check for the booth fee will be returned to you after October 15, 2014. For those accepted, we offer a 7-day grace period after acceptance to request a full refund if you are unable to participate. After that time no refunds will be given.
A booth may be shared with another artist but each artist must submit an application, pay the application fee and send in samples of their own artwork. Each artist will be juried separately and both must be accepted to the show.
Booth spaces are approximately 8’ by 6’. Booth sites are in classrooms, lining the hallways, and in the Media Center. You must provide your own table (unless you rented from us), chairs, backdrops, displays, extension cords,extra lighting, etc. You are responsible for staffing your own booth, and must be open for the duration of the Marketplace.
Arrival and Set-up:
Exhibit areas will be open for set-up beginning at 4:00pm on the Friday of the show.
Do no arrive before 4pm on Friday. We are located in an elementary school, so please understand that our students do not leave school until 3:00 pm. Our committees need time to move desks and clear out space for your booths. You will receive your booth assignment when you check in at the Information Table located by the front entrance to the school.
There will be a “loading zone” open for artists in front of the school and in the
parking lot by the left wing of the school. There is a level handicapped access for hand trucks and wheeled carts on the right wing of the school. It is the artist responsibility to haul and set-up the booth. We will have volunteers that will assist with unloading and moving your items to your booth since there is a short time frame for setting up displays.
Assumption of Risk:
You assume all risks for loss, damage, and injury to your merchandise,
your displays, yourself and anyone assisting you in your booth at your direction.
Artist Application Entry INSTRUCTIONS
You may submit your Artist Application in one of two ways.
- ONLINE via Paypal. You may submit your application online. Simply click the link below to start the process. Once you fill out the online application (which includes uploading photos of your work) you’ll be directed to Paypal where you’ll pay the $25 booth fee. We will notify artists in October of their acceptance and you’ll be directed to Paypal once again to submit your final booth payment.
Click Here to begin submitting online
*If you submit online, you must pay via PayPal
- Print Application and send via U.S. Mail. Click here to print a hard copy version the application. Your application must include the following to be considered complete:
- Completed Artist Application
- Application Fee Check for $25 (non-refundable)
- Booth Fee Check for $135, plus any table rental fees ($15/table-2 table limit)
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU SEND SEPARATE CHECKS. We will deposit the application fee upon receipt of the application. We hold booth and table fees until acceptance of the application.
- Make checks payable to Clairemont Elementary PTA (tax deductible)
- Three photographs of your work. Please do not direct us to a website; color printouts from a website are acceptable.